Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Two are Better Than One

Thursday October 4th is the opening of Chris McMillan's new furnishings store in Biltmore Village - Dwellings Inspired Furnishings. Many of you remember the former Dwellings store in the same area, so you know what a shopping treat Chris provides, but this store takes creative furnishings to a whole new level. Not only do we get to see beautiful furniture imported from other parts of the world, we get to see the work of other artists as well that Chris invited to share his space. My friend and long time artist/collaborator, Billy Sproul, asked if I would like to help him cover the walls of his 1000 square foot "Slab Fab Studio" space with art work that we could work on together - my photos, his frames, collaborative aesthetic.

It was interesting to go through years of never printed images with "What would work with Billy's wacky sensibilities?" in my mind. I wanted to show images totally different from the Asheville colorful images I've become known for, and these definitely fit that description. Here are samples - I hope you will get to Dwellings to take a look not only at our work, but because you'll find all kinds of things for that wish list, I'm sure.





No comments:

Post a Comment