Friday, April 27, 2012

A Year of Pies

It's been a while since I actually worked on Ashley English's "A Year of Pies" (being published by Lark Books, available soon), but when I saw a pre-order ad for the book today, it brought back all the mouth watering memories of shooting that beautiful book. Of all the books I've shot for Lark, I would have to say that this is my favorite. Not only was it great to be working with the Homemade Living team again, but we added the talented Travis Medford as designer to make the team that much stronger. Team being author Ashley English, editor Nicole McConville and stylist, photo/food stylist extraordinaire, Chris Bryant and designer Travis Medford. We shot the entire book over an 8 day period in Chris's wonderful cottage in W. Asheville with his bounty of props that were just right, using mostly available light and reflectors - my favorite way to work. Of course we always lugged all the lighting equipment in the house, but many days we barely used them, opting instead to chase the sun around various windows so that it looked like these were prepared in a "real" home (they were). 

On top of interesting photography, we were treated at the end of each shoot day with slices of Ashley's delicious pies to take home to our grateful families (when they lasted the car ride home). The recipes were so yummy that I've already pre-ordered 3 copies, as this is one cookbook that I must  have, and am very proud of.

Here are a few shots from the book:


The Team, drooling...


No comments:

Post a Comment