Friday, February 4, 2011

Digital Photography Coaching

I had my first day of one on one photography training yesterday with the delightful Corrie Woods. Corrie and her husband, Jay Lichty, are in business together selling the beautiful hand made guitars that Jay crafts - their business is Lichty Guitars. Corrie photographs the making of each guitar in Jay's studio, the final products as well as the various musicians that come to try out his soon to be famous guitars, so Corrie needed a few tips on getting the specific type of shots she needed. We talked about lighting, composition, depth of field and working with people. We also discussed naming and archiving files, choosing what type of file to shoot (jpg, raw, tif)  and different types of imaging software. Corrie already has some experience so she grasped what we talked about instantly - I can't wait to see what she does next. I loved the experience! I'm available for this kind of work, so if you or anyone you know is interested, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment