Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My First Music Video is Finished!

I am very excited to tell you that the music video I've been working on for quite a while is finally LIVE on youtube, vimeo and the Crash Test Dummies website. While the beginning may be familiar to some of you who viewed the stop motion video I did for Hatch last April, it was this beginning that interested CTD's Brad Roberts enough to think that my reworking it as a music video for the band could be a good idea. So I photographed Brad and his lovely wife, Michell Varian, on two different NYC trips last summer, and then added many local friends from Asheville as participants.  "Now You See Her" is a nouveau big band/swing tune featuring an old "toy" optigan, one of many instruments that Brad used, in collaboration with producer Stewart Lerman, for their latest record "Oooh La La". Roberts has come a long way from 2004's dark "Songs of the Unforgiven", as a listener will pretty easily hear in "Now You See Her", a song that Roberts proudly calls "Light and Cheeky".

I had a blast working on this and hope you enjoy watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment