Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I'm Downtown at Last

I have worked out of a home office since my oldest daughter, Jessica, was a baby  - and she's now 20 years old. Working at home, and in some cases having a home studio, was wonderful for a long time - it allowed the female tendency toward multi-tasking to really max out. I could load a batch of images onto the computer, start a load of laundry, sort the images, fix a pot of coffee, and even begin the final edits - all while in my pjs. Just writing this makes me ask "Why would anyone want to change this situation?" . However, for years I've craved being downtown more, running into friends and clients,  absorbing the energy of downtown Asheville, and yes, getting dressed and out the door in the morning. So, thanks to my friend Eli's offer to share a space that she found on Battery Park, I'm finally here.

It's a wonderful space with a wall full of windows that bring in beautiful light, particularly in the late afternoon, and we plan to not only use it as a working studio, but also as a place to offer workshops and classes. The idea is that when we're able to be here regularly enough, we will have open hours when we invite the public in to see what we have to offer - our art work.

It's a big undertaking but we're excited about it. Stay tuned for more info. For now, here is a photo of the space.



No comments:

Post a Comment