Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tina Givens - the Creative Whirlwind

About a month ago I was lucky enough to work with one of the most creative energetic people ever - Tina Givens. If you don't know her work you might want to make it point to check it out. She not only creates unique colorful fabrics, she has also designed children's clothing lines as well as a multitude of ingenious projects for a how to book to be published by Lark Books. And this is her second career...

We worked tirelessly for four straight days with a "roaming studio" in the Lark Books building - basically chasing the light (and the child models). Pamela Norman designed the book and stylist Skip Wade worked nonstop steaming, prepping and setting just the right item in the set. Assistant Melissa Terazza was my savior, always having a positive attitude, just enough energy, and making the essential trips to Izzy's to keep us caffeine -addicted souls going (and feeding me soda crackers as I caught a horrible stomach bug in the midst of it all). Despite a few hurdles such as before mentioned illness, no shows of models, and the craziness of working with child models, the photos turned out quite well. I look forward to seeing the final book this fall.

3 comments:

  1. Lynne, I'm so glad you're blogging. I love reading about what you're doing and then seeing the photos. They are so beautiful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks May. My old blog got corrupted by mega spam, and it was a real pain to use. So, just took "make new blog" rising to the top of the to do list. Hope you guys are still having a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, I happened upon your blog while checking on Tina's blog. Just wanted to say the photography is beautiful. Love the backdrops. Working with animals and children deserves a gold crown, don't you think? But working with Tina made it all worth it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete